Hello! This is a place for members of the choir to blog about what we're up to, what's going on in our neighbourhood and pretty much anything else besides!

If you would like to write a guest post for us, please email the Blog Editor tara@tottenhamcommunitychoir.com or tweet us @tottenhamchoir

Friday 13 May 2011

Togetherness

What does community mean?
Last week before choir rehearsals began, I was so pleased to be having a chat with someone I hadn’t seen face to face for quite some time. The joy was, fo me, that there was a true sense of pleasure in this conversation and the prospect of many more to come and if it wasn’t for the choir I wouldn’t have a clue who this person was and for that matter who most people are who live so close by. We live in a world where we can connect in so many ways but I don’t know most of the people in my street. Tottenham Community Choir has helped me meet and get to know wonderful people and help make the place I live feel like home. Some don't come to choir anymore but I still feel connected to them.
I grew up in a very small town and you knew most people's faces and most names too. Having been a member of the choir I get some sense of that 'small town' walking around Tottenham and strolling in the park I nearly always get a smile from someone I know.
Is community knowing people, recognising each other and not feeling alone or isolated?

1 comment:

  1. Nice one. There's more to singing than just feeling good!

    ReplyDelete